IT/OT Convergence Playbook Chapter 4
The security needs of industrial environments are changing as industrial control systems (ICS) and operational technology (OT) are connected to enterprise networks, exposing them to cyberattackers and Internet-borne malware. What is the best way to secure and monitor Industry 4.0 environments?
Read this White Paper to Find Out:
- Real-world examples of OT cyberattacks
- Technical challenges of OT security
- How Armis helps protect IT, OT, and ICS devices
IT and OT Cybersecurity for Industry 4.0
The IT/OT integration has dissolved the air gapped network that has previously protected industrial technology from enterprise IT systems. In addition, manufacturers are now building OT devices and control systems based on Windows, Linux, Android, and VxWorks, making them susceptible to the same attacks as their IT counterparts.
To navigate the challenges of Industry 4.0, manufacturers need an IT/OT convergence security solution that shields connected devices spread across their entire network. With the right tools, you can protect unmanaged devices from cyberattacks despite their unique security challenges.
Industrial OT Security Simplified with Armis
As a unified asset intelligence and security platform, Armis works in IT and OT environments and provides comprehensive controls for all devices.
The Armis platform includes:
- Agentless and passive monitoring: The Armis deployment is fast and frictionless, not requiring the installation of endpoint software.
- Asset management: The comprehensive approach includes network devices (wired and wireless) as well as off-network assets that communicate using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other peer-to-peer Internet of Things (IoT) protocols — a capability no other security solution offers without new hardware sensors.
- Collective Asset Intelligence Engine: This cloud-based repository of information about devices allows you to more accurately classify assets than traditional IT discovery tools.
- Vulnerability management: Knowing isn’t enough. Armis calculates risk scores so you can prioritize vulnerabilities to meet compliance frameworks and reduce your attack surface.
- Threat detection and incident response: Receive automatic alerts and triggers when an asset operates outside its known-good profile.
Get the White Paper
Read all of the IT/OT Convergence Playbook Chapters:
Chapter 2 – Is the Purdue Model Obsolete? Air Gap Dissolved
Chapter 3 – The Urge for Infrastructure Protection
Chapter 4 – Monitoring and Protecting Industrial Environments 👈 you are here
Chapter 5 – Network Visibility: Discover All Assets 👉 read next chapter
Chapter 6 – Operational Downtime and Passive Monitoring
Chapter 7 – How to Secure Industrial Assets
Chapter 8 – Security Risk Assessment for ICS environments
Chapter 9 – Best Security Frameworks to Protect OT networks
Chapter 10 – ICS Zero Trust Security Framework
Chapter 11 – Armis Approach to CIS controls
Chapter 12 – ICS and MITRE ATT&CK
Chapter 13 – Supply Chain Ransomware Attacks
Chapter 14 – Best Practices for IT/OT Convergence