Never Trust, Always Verify
That’s easy to do for managed computers, but not for unmanaged and IoT devices like smart TVs, printers, VoIP phones, IP cameras, medical devices, and industrial devices. Most existing security products are blind to these types of devices which:
- Don’t support security agents
- Don’t support patch management
- Don’t tolerate network scanning
- Don’t generate event logs
- Commonly use Bluetooth and Zigbee
- Often use dangerous Telnet or HTTP
Extend Zero Trust security to unmanaged and IoT devices.
Armis is the first agentless, enterprise-class security platform to address Zero Trust for unmanaged and IoT devices. The Armis platform provides passive, real-time and continuous asset inventory, risk management, and detection & response to prevent cyber attacks from disrupting and compromising businesses and operations. Armis uses 100% passive technologies so it is safe to use with IoT devices.
Accelerate adoption of Forrester’s Zero Trust eXtended Ecosystem, or ZTX, with Armis.
The Armis security platform does not require agents or additional hardware. Instead, it works with your existing network infrastructure, security, and management systems to collect the data it needs to discover, identify, and analyze the risk of all devices in your environment. The Armis platform collects data using a virtual appliance that sits out-of-band and passively monitors traffic. Since the platform is not in-line, it has no impact on network performance, other devices, or your users. It does not require any changes to your existing network, and it does not introduce any latency.
Armis fills the gap left by traditional enterprise endpoint security solutions.
- Provides continuous monitoring and response for managed computers
- Requires an agent
- 100% agentless
- Effective on managed, unmanaged, and IoT devices
- Protects the network perimeter and core
- Focused on network traffic, not device behavior
- No device knowledgebase
- Protects devices at the access layer
- Focused on device state and behavior
- Deep understanding of device behavior
- Assumes the network is trusted
- Discovers devices on enterprise networks only
- Can’t detect threats or compromised devices
- Assumes Zero Trust
- Discovers devices on network and in the airspace (Bluetooth, etc.)
- Assesses device risk and threats
- Tracks the behavior of users
- Looks for anomalies in user behavior
- No device tracking
- Tracks the behavior of devices
- Compares behavior against our Device Knowledgebase
- Understands “good” vs. "bad" behavior