Armis provides Russell Sage College with Actionable Insights to Help Tighten up Security, Stay Compliant, and Check the Boxes for Cybersecurity Insurance
Established more than a century ago as a women’s institution of higher learning, Russell Sage College has evolved into a coed college that prides itself on its flexible academic programs and its supportive learning environment. Eager to improve device visibility and reduce security risk from inside the network, the IT department deployed Armis. The platform increased IT’s device inventory 15-fold, enabling the team to find previously unseen assets, apply necessary updates, retire old equipment, and fine-tune policy. Armis has also helped the college meet stringent compliance and cybersecurity insurance requirements.
Founded in 1916 by feminist Margaret Olivia Slocum Sage and named after her late husband, Russell Sage College in Troy, New York catered exclusively to women, offering them a solid liberal arts education and career preparation in various professional fields. Today, it is a coed institution with undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate programs in arts and sciences, education, health sciences, and business management. The college has over 2,500 students and 450 employees, including more than 100 full-time faculty members across its two campuses in upstate New York State (Troy and Albany). Russell Sage College prides itself on its supportive and high-engagement learning environment, with 10 to 1 student/faculty ratio and average class size of 15.
- Getting visibility to insider risk
- Discovering unmanaged and IoT devices
- Meeting cybersecurity insurance and compliance requirements
- Visibility to all devices—managed, unmanaged, and IoT—across both campuses
- Faster remediation based on actionable information on device security posture and behavior
- Automated detection and response as a result of integrations
- Adherence to compliance regulations
- Improved security posture to meet cybersecurity insurance eligibility
- Reduced burden on the IT team