Gartner lists sample vendors in Hype Cycles as a starting point for companies conducting a strategic analysis of their technology portfolios. Inclusion in five Hype Cycles demonstrates that Gartner recommends Armis and its Asset Intelligence and Cybersecurity Platform for organizations cybersecurity technology stacks.
Armis is included in the following 2023 Hype Cycles:
- Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2023
- Hype Cycle for Workload and Network Security, 2023
- Hype Cycle for Cyber Risk Management, 2023
- Hype Cycle for Real-Time Health System Technologies, 2023
- Hype Cycle for Digital Grid Transformation Technologies, 2023
According to Gartner, “Hype Cycles provide a snapshot of the relative market penetration, maturity and benefit of innovations within a certain segment, such as a technology area or business markets.” Gartner categorizes innovations into five phases – starting with Innovation Trigger and progressing to the Plateau of Productivity, on their journey to mainstream adoption, as demonstrated below in the Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2023.
CIOs, CISOs, and additional technology decision-makers use Hype Cycle reports to develop their roadmap for improving their organization’s technology stack to solve persistent business problems and support efficient and effective growth.
The Armis Asset Intelligence and Cybersecurity Platform addresses the new attack surface that connected assets create. It discovers every asset in an organization’s extended environment – managed and unmanaged assets across IT, cloud, IoT devices, medical devices (IoMT), operational technology (OT), industrial control systems (ICS), and 5G – and provides real-time and continuous protection. The platform also provides passive cyber asset management, risk management, and integration with security automation and orchestration solutions.
The platform covers four unique solutions that cater to the most prominent security challenges organizations face: asset management and security, vulnerability prioritization and remediation, OT/ICS security and medical device security. We feel that because of the broad, vertical-agnostic capabilities of our platform, in 2023, Gartner recognizes Armis in three Hype Cycle categories within five 2023 Hype Cycle reports and in three 2023 Market Guide reports: Market Guide for CPS Protection Platforms, Market Guide for Medical Device Security Solutions, and Market Guide for Vulnerability Assessment.
In the Hype Cycle reports, Armis is named in the following categories:
- Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM): This category is included in the Hype Cycle for Security Operations; Hype Cycle for Workload and Network Security; and Cyber Risk Management. It is “focused on enabling security teams to overcome asset visibility and exposure challenges.” We feel Armis is included in this category because our platform offers a holistic attack surface management strategy that provides organizations with a complete, authoritative, and rich inventory for all assets, software and hardware, across all device types including IT, virtual, OT, IoMT, IoT and cloud. It helps organizations in all sectors gain full asset inventory and enrich their CMBDs. Clients leverage Armis for activities including IT and security hygiene, security gap analysis, network security segmentation and enforcement, and threat detection and response. See our client case studies to read how universities, smart cities, federal and state organizations, and more trust our platform to address the new threat landscape that connected devices create.
- Cyber-physical Systems (CPS) Security: This category is included in the Hype Cycle for Security Operations and Hype Cycle for Digital Grid Transformation Technologies. CPS Security is the discipline that ensures that cyber-physical systems, such as manufacturing, building management systems, critical infrastructure, transportation, and utilities, are protected from ever-increasing cyber threats. Armis Asset Intelligence and Security Platform offers unparalleled insights into all connected assets, wired and wireless, within, and surrounding Cyber-physical System networks. Armis discovers, classifies, and profiles, offering rich contextual insights into every asset — including SCADA, PLCs, DCS, IIoT, IoT, and IT—and the interconnected support devices that keep facilities operational. Armis protects global organizations such as Colgate-Palmolive and Fortive, and helps utilities, transportation, and leading manufacturers stay up and running 24/7, 365 days a year.
- CPS Risk Management for Healthcare: This category is listed in the Hype Cycle for Real-Time Health System Technologies. The category encompasses technologies that protect healthcare delivery organizations (HDOs) from security and safety risks that can penetrate via cyber-physical systems and disrupt patient care, and helps HDOs effectively manage those risks. HDOs leverage Armis for a variety of use cases including obtaining a complete inventory of medical devices (as well as other device types such as enterprise and building management systems), medical device vulnerability assessments, medical device utilization analytics, network segmentation, and meeting compliance requirements. Armis healthcare customers include Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Nuvance Health, Main Line Health, Corewell, Advent Health and Institute Curie. Over the past year, Armis has continued to grow its partnerships with new customers across the healthcare sector.
In addition to the above-mentioned categories, Armis is recognized for its Asset Vulnerability Management (AVM) solution in the new 2023 Gartner Market Guide for Vulnerability Assessment published this month. A module of the Armis Asset Intelligence and Security Platform, AVM enables security teams to effectively prioritize and manage vulnerabilities so they can focus on remediating the critical vulnerabilities that attackers are most likely to exploit and thereby put their organization at risk.
Our four key solutions, asset management and security, vulnerability prioritization and remediation, OT/ICS security and medical device security, are experiencing significant business momentum as Armis customers continue to adopt our platform to solve a range of critical business challenges and reduce risk.
Gartner, Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2023, Jonathan Nunez, Andrew Davies, 20 July 2023.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Armis.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and HYPE CYCLE is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.