With the constant influx of new security technologies, it can be challenging for CIOs and CISOs to identify which technologies will provide the most comprehensive protection to their enterprise. This is where the recent 2023 Gartner Emerging Tech Impact Radar: Security report comes into play. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of emerging technologies, helping organizations make informed decisions about their adoption and potential impact, so they can determine where to focus their security investments.
We are proud that the Gartner Emerging Tech Impact Radar: Security report recognizes Armis in two emerging security trends: Cyber-Physical Systems Security and Exposure Management.
- Cyber-Physical Systems Security: According to the report, “The need for a comprehensive and coordinated security approach will require organizations to deploy tools that cover the entire cyber-physical risk spectrum, across IT, OT, IoT, industrial IoT and physical environments. An asset-centric security approach remains a key focus as a result of a lack of visibility and related risks. In other words, putting the cyber-physical system (CPS) at the center, starting with asset discovery, and wrapping other security features around it — all done on a platform — equals a CPS protection platform.” We feel Armis is recognized in this category for our powerful Armis Centrix™ for OT/IoT Security solution, designed to see, protect, manage, and optimize all OT, IoT, and ICS assets, systems, and processes in an environment.
- Exposure Management “is a set of processes and technologies that allow enterprises to continually evaluate the visibility and validate the accessibility and vulnerability of an enterprise’s digital assets,” according to Gartner. Gartner recommends that Security Leaders use continuous threat exposure management (CTEM) to govern exposure management within their enterprise, by leveraging tools that contribute to advancing exposure management programs. We believe Armis is recognized as an Exposure Management vendor because of the strong VPT (Vulnerability Prioritization Technology) capabilities in our Armis Centrix™ for Vulnerability Prioritization and Remediation solution and our leading CAASM capabilities in our Armis Centrix™ for Asset Management and Security solution.
You can see where Gartner places the Cyber-Physical Systems Security and Exposure Management technologies in the radar image below.
We recommend that Security Leaders leverage the Impact Radar for Security as follows:
- Educate themselves and their teams about emerging technologies: Security Leaders should make sure that they and their teams understand the potential benefits and risks.
- Identify the emerging technologies that are most relevant to their organization: Security Leaders should consider their organization’s specific current and future security needs and priorities when choosing emerging technologies to assess. Armis strongly recommends that Security Leaders start with technologies that enable them to map and manage their attack surface. See Armis’ new research on Global Attack Surface Management to view the current threat trends and our recommendations on how to address them.
- Assess the maturity and adoption potential of each technology: Security Leaders should use the Gartner Emerging Tech Impact Radar and other resources, such as the Gartner Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2023, to assess the maturity and adoption potential of each technology.
- Develop a plan to adopt and implement promising technologies and methodologies: Security Leaders should develop a plan to adopt promising technologies and implement continuous and repeatable processes. Reference Gartner’s Continuous Threat Exposure Management (CTEM) framework when creating an exposure management plan. For details, see the Gartner report Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2024, Continuous Threat Exposure Management.
- Create a short list of vendors. When selecting vendors to evaluate, we recommend Security Leaders reference analyst research, such as the Gartner Emerging Tech Impact Radar: Security, Gartner Market Guide for Vulnerability Assessment, and the Gartner Market Guide for CPS Protection Platforms.
We invite you to download a complimentary copy of the Gartner Emerging Tech Impact Radar: Security to see why Armis is recognized as a Sample Vendor in the Cyber-Physical Security Systems and Exposure Management categories.
Gartner, Emerging Tech Impact Radar, Security, Travis Lee, Nat Smith, Lawrence Pingree, Mark Wah, Ruggero Contu, Dan Ayoub, Elizabeth Kim, Matt Milone, Sean ONeill, Swati Rakheja, Rustam Malik, Carl Manion, John Collins. October 6, 2023
Gartner, Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2023, Jonathan Nunez, Andrew Davies, 20 July 2023.
Gartner, Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2024, Continuous Threat Exposure Management, Jeremy D’Hoinne, Pete Shoard
Gartner, Market Guide for Vulnerability Assessment, Mitchell Schneider, Craig Lawson, Jonathan Nunez, 7 August 2023
Gartner Market Guide for CPS Protection Platforms, Katell Thielemann, Wam Voster, 29 June 2023
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Armis.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and HYPE CYCLE is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.