The pandemic opened the floodgates to a massive wave of movement away from traditional office-based work: last year, a report had already predicted 36.2 million workers or 22% of Americans will be working remotely by the year 2025. This would be an 87% increase from pre-pandemic levels.
The challenge with remote work is that it makes it even more important for team members to feel connected and engaged – to feel like they belong. Mutual trust is also required. For companies to be successful in a remote work environment, a company culture that provides and foments trust and sense of belonging is essential – especially so today because rather than slowing down, the remote work trend is accelerating: the number of workers choosing to work remotely in 2022 increased 24% since 2021. And those choosing hybrid work went up 16%. Interest for in-office work, however, dropped by 24%.
At this point, if the ability to work from home was taken away, two-thirds (66%) of workers would immediately start looking for a job that offered flexibility, and 39% would simply quit.
This statistic brings to the fore the importance of cultural cohesion, since it highlights the dangers of lacking that cohesion.
At Armis, we established a set of company values that act as guidelines for our global team members. Half of our values actively drive cultural cohesion by creating a sense of belonging no matter where in what the world our employees are based:
- We’re a single team with mutual goals.
- We are a family. We trust each other, we care for each other
- We take pride in our work.
- Collaboration and trust are very important to us. We work together and rely on each other to do our best work
- We all have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the things that we do together.
- There are never multiple opposing teams in Armis.
Act with Integrity & Transparency:
- We treat each other with fairness and respect.
- We communicate openly, with the belief that aligning one another on our thoughts and goals will help be more constructive and successful.
- We don’t want silos of information within the company, and we break them down where we find them.
- We are always transparent with one another, and we don’t shy away from healthy debate about any topic, no matter how challenging it could be.
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion:
- We acknowledge that we’re not all the same; we’re different people, from different cultures, who have had different experiences, and we think differently.
- We’re not only aware of that – we embrace that.
- We believe that the uniqueness of what every person brings to the table is valuable, and that’s part of what makes us successful.
- We will always listen to every opinion and voice, and believe anyone should be able to speak up in a room, regardless of rank or seniority.
These values have allowed Armis to be extremely successful, because they help our team members feel connected and engaged – they feel like they belong, fostering a culture of mutual trust that is essential in a hybrid work environment.
Companies with a cohesive culture are more likely to stand strong in the face of hardship, overcome challenges and achieve success much faster. We are a global team and so it’s very important to us that all of our team members feel that they belong and that they are connected and engaged with each other and with the company. Our team is also growing very fast in locations around the world, making alignment and engagement all the more important.
To maintain this cultural cohesion, we make sure to reiterate the values to our employees across our communications every chance we get. Our leaders give personal examples, spreading the word through their actions.
This cultural cohesion also extends externally: while we are very focused on delivering results for our customers and ensuring our employees are engaged, we do believe in giving back to society.
This non-profit is on a mission to successfully educate cohorts of underprivileged and underserved students about cyber technologies and address the talent shortage in cybersecurity.
As to the Npower program, it creates pathways to economic prosperity for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities. Npower is in complete alignment with our value of embracing diversity and inclusion and allows us to exemplify that.
If you’d like to join the Armis team, you can find our current job openings at https://www.armis.com/careers/.
Armis is the leading unified asset visibility and security platform designed to address the new threat landscape that connected devices create. Fortune 1000 companies trust our real-time and continuous protection to see with full context all managed, unmanaged, and IoT devices, including medical devices (IoMT), operational technology (OT) and industrial control systems (ICS). Armis provides passive and unparalleled cybersecurity asset management, risk management, and automated enforcement. Armis is a privately held company and headquartered in Palo Alto, California.