Senior DevOps Engineer
NY - NY/NJ Metro
Do you have what it takes to manage complicated, global, open-source infrastructure?
You will join a highly-skilled team and be responsible for the tooling and automation underlying the deployment, monitoring, and management of Armis’ services and applications. You will need to be familiar with emerging technologies in the field and make decisions regarding the use of those technologies at Armis. Providing 100% uptime is considered a success (including during maintenance periods) and quick, automatic provisioning of resources while maintaining constant system reliability and security. Work closely with developers, QA engineers, architects, system, operations engineers and product management.
- Build and maintain highly available and scalable production systems.
- Collaborate closely with other senior members of the DevOps and Engineering teams to define architectural and operational aspects of our rapidly growing infrastructure
- Manage core production systems, including frequent changes and updates.
- Rapidly identify and resolve problems in production systems.
- Improve and support CI/CD pipelines with a goal to maximize the velocity and safety of deployments.
- Improve technologies and processes while maintaining a rapid delivery cycle.
- Work with the security engineering and compliance teams to ensure requirements are understood and implemented.
- Provide support during off hours (nights and weekends) when necessary.
Ideal candidates will have:
- At least 5 years experience managing and maintaining Linux servers in a global, multi-server environment.
- Experience writing Python and Bash scripts
- Practical experience using Ansible and Terraform
- Experience configuring Amazon Web Services or similar cloud-based platforms.
- Kubernetes and Docker experience preferred
- Prior work experience in an Internet/SaaS company
- Ability to own and deliver entire projects from design to implementation
- Government related projects requiring US citizenship
- Managing extensive security and/or compliance programs (FedRAMP, SOC 2, etc)
What we offer
We oﬀer comprehensive health benefits - medical PPO and HMO options, vision, dental, both HSA and FSA options, 401k, discretionary time off, parental leave, an inclusive and balanced workplace, and an environment where you can grow, be an impact player, and thrive!
We value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Armis is the leading agentless, enterprise-class device security platform, designed to protect organizations from cyberthreats created by the onslaught of unmanaged and IoT devices. Fortune 1000 companies trust our real-time and continuous protection to see and control all managed, unmanaged, un-agentable and IoT devices – from traditional devices like laptops and smartphones to new smart devices like smart TVs, webcams, printers, HVAC systems, industrial control systems and PLCs, medical devices and more. Armis provides passive and unparalleled asset inventory, risk management, and detection & response. Armis has the world’s largest Device Knowledgebase, tracking over 280M devices, tracking device behavior, connections, and history. Armis is a privately held company and headquartered in Palo Alto, California.