CA - SF Bay Area
The Proposal Specialist is responsible for owning the completion of proposal projects to win new business and retain existing business. This position will be responsible for strategic content initiatives to include drafting, updating, and classifying business development narrative, graphics, and statistical data. This individual will independently and co-dependently manage and fulfill business development responsibilities, as assigned, which include requests for proposals (RFP), and requests for information (RFI).
Your day to day:
- Act as the primary responder for RFPs/RFIs/customer questionnaires, addressing 80 to 90% of customer questions and information requests using our library of responses to common questions and related, supporting collateral.
- Collaborate with members of the sales, marketing, finance, contracts, product, R&D, and security teams to maintain an efficient and effective curated library of common yet flexible responses and related collateral.
- Act as the primary responder for multiple RFPs/RFIs/customer questionnaire efforts simultaneously
- Develop written responses or edit responses as necessary for review by Proposal Managers
- Lead proposal development and review process
- Ensure compliance with client requirements, instructions, and expectations
- Demonstrate efficiency and multi-tasking abilities to work under pressure in a fast-paced, tight deadline-driven environment
- Meet internal and external deadlines to fulfill project deliverables.
- Contribute to continuous response time optimization efforts
- Help to maintain, manage, and expand the team’s central repository of proposal narrative, for projects and assignment
- Organize and participate in kickoff (“project launch”) meetings with sales and key stakeholders
- Thoroughly review documents for cohesiveness of responses, content flow and organization, syntax/grammar, and format specifications
- Promote sales' use of our proactive customer information sharing platform that enables customers with proactive and continuous awareness into common questions, inquiries, and information requests to help reduce overall response and deal cycle times.
What You Bring To The Team:
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong ability to communicate both orally and written (Writing Samples a Plus)
- Ability to work with peers in a team effort
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically MS Word and MS Excel),
- Experience in Loopio or other proposal content management systems a plus
- Experience in cybersecurity or risk management a plus