Director of Public & Media Relations
Remote Anywhere US
ROLE: Director of Public & Media Relations
LOCATION: NYC, Boston, San Jose, San Francisco, San Diego, LA
Do you believe in the power of effective communication? Are you passionate about how PR can drive brand awareness? We are looking for an incredibly talented public and media relations professional to join our global marketing team.
At ARMIS, we truly are a highly supportive & positive family. Our corporate values are built on positive intent and helping each other. We are looking for a talented individual who has significant experience in working in public & media relations.
Reporting directly to our Chief Marketing Officer, you will be actively managing our three PR agencies (USA, UK & Germany) & related freelancers to increase our overall levels of brand awareness, share of voice and mind. You will be coming up with creative ideas and ways to crack through the noise. You will be leveraging our unique research & insights, subject matter experts and platform innovations to drive even greater brand awareness and coverage.
Experience in cybersecurity, technology and/or B2B SaaS is key. Effective public and media relations requires strong connections with related media, channel and market influencers who shape the industry’s’ narrative. In order to succeed in role, you will need the ability to work with our agencies and to self-generate additional content / media angles that help to better position the firm. We have a wealth of content, waiting to be leveraged. You also have the budget to undertake research projects of your own when and where needed.
You will manage three PR agencies (USA, UK & Germany) and one dedicated freelance support. In this role you will be both ‘coach’ and ‘player’ and you will help us scale the business and your team as we go forward.
Our ideal candidate is both a “doer” and a leader and has worked with a range of firms. They like to make things happen. They are very collaborative & affable. They can develop clear strategies, plans and to execute against them.
You are ready, and excited to:
- To lead our public & media relations programs & activities
- To shape & generate our public & media relations strategies and plans.
- You will own your budget line and collaborate across the marketing function.
- You will manage a dedicated freelance resource (UK) and our 3 agencies.
- You will help to secure as much media coverage for the firm and our representatives as possible.
- You will manage our contributed channels (Forbes etc.) and ensure we get article placements.
- You will work across multiple departments, teams and people and leverage their activities to generate related coverage and share of voice.
What we offer
A great working environment. It is true. We are a lovely firm. With regards to benefits here are some of them: We oﬀer comprehensive health benefits, flexible time off, an inclusive and balanced workplace, and an environment where you can grow, be an impact player, and thrive! You will get:
Employer T&E cover
Mentoring & CPD
We could go on. There is more. Lets’ talk about it.
We value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Armis is the leading agentless, enterprise-class device security platform, designed to protect organizations from cyberthreats created by the onslaught of unmanaged and IoT devices. Fortune 1000 companies trust our real-time and continuous protection to see and control all managed, unmanaged, un-agentable and IoT devices – from traditional devices like laptops and smartphones to new smart devices like smart TVs, webcams, printers, HVAC systems, industrial control systems and PLCs, medical devices and more. Armis provides passive and unparalleled asset inventory, risk management, and detection & response. Armis has the world’s largest Device Knowledgebase, tracking over 280M devices, tracking device behavior, connections, and history. Armis is a privately held company and headquartered in Palo Alto, California.
The following are not exhaustive, we are flexible for the right person, past-experience is key however:
- 7-10 years’ experience working in public and media relations.
- You have already worked with organizations in cyber security, B2B technology or SaaS.
- Excellent communicator, you are clear, concise and affable.
- People respect you and like you.
- Skilled at working with multiple internal and external parties.
- You have strong emotional intelligence.
- You are naturally an organized person.
- You can easily maintain a PR calendar, prioritize responsibilities, and strategically manage your own budget.
- You believe in the importance of planning and measuring success.
- You gave have demonstrated success in managing contractors/agencies when and where needed.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced working environment where agility and pivoting are a part of the journey.
- Self-driven, positive, and collaborative individual. You enjoy collaborating and going it alone when needed.