Armis is looking for a few of the very best people in their field to join our A-team of big thinkers, doers, movers, and shakers. This unique opportunity truly offers the best of all worlds—start up culture, enterprise level benefits and security, and top pay for the industry. Got your attention yet? Good, keep reading, it only gets better.
Ok, so what exactly does Armis do?
Connected assets are growing at an explosive rate, across every industry and every geo. In today’s world of smart devices and BYOD, these assets come from every direction and are found in every possible environment and industry. And they’re critical to success for every enterprise. And because every single asset represents a very real potential vulnerability, they’re also the last line of defense against today’s sophisticated cyber criminals.
Armis gives companies of every size—across every industry and geo—complete asset visibility, contextual intelligence, and continuous security. We have partnerships and integrations with the planet’s leading tech and cybersecurity players. And we’re building an incredibly smart and diverse global team of thought-leading technologists, creative visionaries and proven game changers who are ready to take Armis to the next level.
This is a 100% remote position to be based in UK or Ireland
Reporting to the Snr. Director of Procurement and Vendor Management, the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting and ensuring the success of the Procurement and Vendor Management function in Armis.
This is an opportunity for a highly experienced global negotiator and vendor/category manager to contribute across a range of tasks, from routine operational daily procurement tasks to highly strategic engagements.
Vendor management is being set up as a new area in Armis, therefore, this is a rare opportunity for the successful candidate to establish their own vision for the function.
- Quickly establish an effective vendor governance/supplier management framework for the oversight of vendor relationships for Armis.
- Tracking spend, performance and deliverables to contracts that can be replicated across vendors.
- Lead management of vendors to ensure alignment of vendor performance objectives, agreed targets and relationship management activities. This includes QBRs with business and commercial objectives and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Manage strategic relationships with vendors and ensure potential disputes, escalations or conflicts are professionally managed and resolved.
- Proactively establish a visible presence across the Business and consistently build credibility and strong relationships as a “go-to person”. Assist teams on both operational items and complex vendor engagements.
- Prioritize cost optimization/savings efforts, working with stakeholders to reduce costs arising from service delivery issues.
- Manage a range of sourcing exercise activities and price negotiations, to achieve best price and value.
- Drive effective strategic sourcing and category management.
- Work closely with all areas of the Business - influencing at the Senior Leadership level and occasionally at C-level when required.
- The role will involve dealing with several ongoing daily procurement activities, including reviewing and monitoring purchase requisitions and ensuring the correct associated documentation and approvals are uploaded.
- Consistently and proactively search for the probability of success for identified cost reduction opportunities of differing $ amounts. Where validated, pursue those opportunities to completion.
- Experience with RFP’s - ensuring that both technical and commercial aspects are covered to allow for an objective evaluation process.
- Provide frequent and ongoing procurement reporting and be consistently proactive in demonstrating clear reporting of targets - highlighting any issues that may impact on successful outcomes.
- Proactively assess and mitigate risks associated with vendor relationships.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a similar role - a Vendor Manager or a comparable Category Manager, with a global focus on a limited number of high value vendor engagements
- Significant experience required on contracts in excess of $1M.
- Excellent strategic negotiator with a track record of maximising benefits versus cost.
- Knowledge of vendor performance measurement frameworks and processes, including direct experience of the successful development and implementation of vendor performance metrics and scorecards.
- Extensive experience assessing and improving vendor performance.
- Highly competent in writing RFP documents and evaluating RFP responses
- Experience leading contract negotiations, ensuring favorable terms, pricing and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Identify cost-saving opportunities, negotiate pricing and optimize vendor contracts to maximize value.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, organize and report data
- Experience generating, reviewing and presenting reports to track updates and present data in an effective and clear manner.
- Experience working with senior internal stakeholders in vendor selection and commercial/contract negotiation processes with demonstrable ability and experience in drafting, negotiating, and closing all types of vendor related contracts.
- Experience in driving Compliance to Procurement policy.
- Experience within IT, telecommunications and/or cybersecurity industries preferred.
- A hands-on, ready-to-assist attitude focusing on getting the job done across a variety of tasks.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, Science, Business, Purchasing Management or related field (MBA or similar Master’s qualification preferred).
- Extensive exposure and good technical hands-on knowledge of Procure2Pay and Accounts Payable systems.
- Skilled in using Microsoft applications such as Word and PowerPoint and very skilled in the use of Excel, including the use of v-lookups, Pivot tables and other formulas.
We know there is a lot to consider when applying for a new job, and quite often job descriptions provide a lot of detail for candidates when considering to apply… but here at Armis we strongly encourage you to try to avoid the confidence gap. We don’t expect you to meet each of the listed requirements perfectly to be considered for any of our roles.
The choices you make in your career journey matter. You want to do interesting work in an important field while also having time to live your life, which is why we place so much value in your life-work balance. Armis sets you up for success with comprehensive health benefits, discretionary time off, paid holidays including monthly me days, and a highly inclusive and diverse workplace. Put your unique experiences and perspective to work in an environment where they will enable you to thrive, grow, and live your life with integrity.
Armis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We never discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected (or not) status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization.